The Health Benefits
- Mushrooms can be added to everyday dishes to provide an extra serving of vegetables and deliver important nutrients like B vitamins, vitamin D, potassium and antioxidants.
- Mushrooms are the leading source of the essential antioxidant selenium.
- Mushrooms provide ergothioneine, a naturally occurring antioxidant that may help protect the body’s cells.
- Mushrooms are the only source of vitamin D in the vegetable department.
- Mushrooms are unique for their umami content, meaning a “savoury” or meaty” flavour.